Monday, April 09, 2007

Old .. n Wiser?

Celebrated a fren birthday today.

Think this is one of the few where we still celebrate each other bd, whether is it a simple meal or otherwise. Others will be just a sms of well-wishes.
Although, this yr is "San1 que1 yi1".

We asked her to choose either dinner or KTV, knowing that she was having some "cravings" for singing. Not that I will sing with them, but I dont mind be the one who "dian3 ge1" and they sing for me. :P
In the end, the choice was dinner since the rest of us need to work tom.

We decide on Esmirada @ Orchard hotel. It serves Mediterranean Cuisine.

We ordered Paella Espanola - Spanish Saffron rice w chicken & seafood; Greek Mousakka and Lamp Chops Skewer.

The 1st time I tried Mousakka was @ Original Sin.
Somehow, I just liked the taste. Mousakka to me is like lasagne minus the pasta.
Mousakka is actually make up of 3-layer, (1) the bottom layer consists of eggplant slices sauteed in olive oil; (2) middle layer is ground lamb precooked w spices and (3) the top layer is cheese-flavoured bechamel sauce. The three layers are laid in a lightly buttered or oiled pan and baked until the top béchamel layer turns golden brown.

Paella Espanola, this is something like fried rice cooked in a pan.

Skewer just reminds me of kebabs. The 1st time i tasted kebabs was when I was in London n Paris. Kebabs was one of the cheaper food available beside fast food, pizzas. At least it taste like "real food" ... I really enjoyed it while I was there.

My fren bought durian puff as cake for her.

Decide to proceed to coffee bean where bd ger excitedly demonstrated to us the use of biometric credit card.

Pass by Orchard Hotel Lobby.
They have live band singing. So nice ...
Always think that it is nice to nuah at a hotel nice comfy lobby, listening to live band playing .. holding a glass of champagne/ wine/ sparkling juice.

Ended the day with bd song and lots of talking.

No comments: