Super crazy 2 days.
Was still thinking i can be in a slack mode since my boss is out of town for this whole week!
Time to party.
But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Come in Monday was already shit.
Those who seen my MSN tagline should know.
Face with problem generating some reports.
The txt file given to me was so huge that I need to split the file into 30 sub txt files so that i can convert them to 30 excel worksheets ( with 45,000 rows each at least).
Can vomit blood lor ...........
Luckily, KickJazz enlightened me by giving me something call file spliter which can help to do the job. If not, I will need to manual split the file up into 30 sub files.
Job is still not there after this.
I will need to do something call vlookup to match some value from these 30 sub files to 5 different worksheets.
Since I have planned to study on Monday.
Sticked to my plan.
Saved my work home to do after I finish my studies.
Kick sms to tell me that she have help me to create some macro files so that I can do the txt file conversion at the click of the button, in split secs all the files will be converted nicely.
Wah .. so nice of her ! *Touched* Pai seh also .. not her prob leh ..
Went home .. realise i forgot to save 1 more impt file.
*SO SMART RIGHT??*
So cannot do.
Tried to test out the macro that Kick have sent me ... dont seems to work also ...
Ugh ..
Dont know what is wrong.
Its not that I never SHOUT FOR HELP from my co IT folks.
But all I got is .. they also have trouble uploading the file to some system to do the matching.
They got other things in their plates also ..
Ok lor ... i HELP MYSELF.
With my limited Excel skills, I can only do that super stupid way.
The more I do the more pek check I felt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Come in this morning.
Kick continue to help me to troubleshoot on why the macro failed to run ?!
Wa lau , tried whole morning .
She can run from her side .. but I cant do on my ?
As a result, skip the super long lunch that my colleagues have planned today.
After lunch, I calm myself down abit, relook at the macro she written, anyhow change here change there. Finally, I managed to use her macro successfully !
*Phew*
But not end of story lor .......becos still have the vlookup portion.
Which is scary ............... might take a long time with the huge amt of data we are talking abt here + SLOW SYSTEM I HAVE !
Kick came up with another suggestion of using MS Access.
Sorry lor ... me here never use access before ! *shake head*
This personal IT Helpdesk is really nice and patient.
Step by step tell me what to do.
Help me troubleshoot.
Making sure everything will work.
Where to find?
THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH KICK! :)
This really make me want to learn MS Access and alot of other things.
Make myself independent ! Self Help !
Although I was pek chek for the past 2 days.
But I still feel blessed.
Got frens like Kick who just help me for no reasons or whatsoever,
Other frens on MSN who check if Im ok .... bear with me when i just SCREAMM at them.
Colleagues who dint forget to buy food for me even though I couldnt join them for lunch.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes yes! I too have benefited from the selfless and quick IT helpdesk of KJ :D
Glad you managed to solve most of your problems... one step at a time and things will be all right :)
You are indeed blessed to have friends like KJ. :)
But felt that your co IT could have been more helpful. :p
Not really fair to let u struggle like that.
I think you ought to give yourself a big pat on ur own back. I marvelled at ur never-say-die attitude and ur determination to solve the macro probs even though u didn't know much about macros!! *thumbs up* and ur willingness to try the various options, and how focus u r (to the extent of missing a long lunch!!! WOW!). Very inspirational! Well done gal!!! *thunderous applause*
walaus....next time i know who to look for if i need excel macros
Post a Comment