Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunny Days

We are blessed with 2 Sunny mornings!
The sky was really beautiful this morning - blue skies "decorated" with the right amount of fluffy white clouds. To me .. its a picture perfect sky.

Explored the unknown grounds.
Shady and cooling to run.

Saw a very neat, cosy house.
It stands out among the rest, just reminds me of houses found at the country side of western countries.

Really a PIG today.
Constantly have a empty feeling in my stomach.
Kept pinching on food! OMG!

==================================================
Went to celebrate a fren's birthday @ Basil Alcove.

Was getting bored with my books, left the house earlier for some retail therapy before meeting her. Passed by a bookshop, saw a few notebook. Saw 1 with black papers instead of white ones! Lol .. I have an idea of what to do liao. Saw a few others with bright colours, give me a very chirpy and sunny feeling. Decide to get for the bd ger ! I remembered her saying something, I hope a notebook will help. I also hope that she will be always as sunny n chirpy like the bright colours of the notebook.

This is what I call spontaneously gift buying!
Really last min ........ I left only like half an hr b4 I meet her.
Must think of how to wrap the present!
In the end, creative cheapo me, bought a envelope as wrapper, 2 coloured pens to do the writings.

I hope the book will served its purpose my fren.

=================================================
Not impressed with the seatings at Basil Alcove.
They should use nicer chairs and tables next time.

But well, for the price I guess I cant compare and expect too much.

We decide to share the cesar salad, cod fish, pasta and duck.
I must say they make an effort to present the dish very nicely, I especially like the minature spoon and wine glass, have the urge to steal take it home. :P

This is my 1st time eating duck cooked in an ang moh style. I enjoyed the dish although it was abit tough for some parts.
On the whole, I enjoyed all the dishes that we have chosen.
Surprisingly, this place doesnt serve dessert.

We proceed to TCC for our dessert. We need a "closure"(this is something which I learnt from a fren when we were in nepal , she always needed things like coffee or something sweet after a meal to form a closure for a meal) dont we?

Alot of chit-chatting, laffing, suaning! :)

==================================================
This time round, dessert/coffee wasnt the closure.

It was margarita's, peanuts, live music/singing as closure.

Im not impressed with the music of the night, but the seats was really comfy.

The company was great too.
We discussed alot of stuff, but surrounding mostly on the topic of religion and spiritual needs.

Im still pretty much open about my choice of religion.

These days, I dont have that strong urge, push factor to try finding my spiritual inclinations.
Have stopped myself on kept asking ... "What is my purpose of life?"
Not that I have any answer of the purpose ...

Maybe because Im happier now, so that burning qn have stopped.
Stopped being 钻牛角尖.
Or I have grown up, realise that whether I find that purpose a not, life still needs to go on.
Why not just cherish everyday, every happy moments I have, learn from the mistakes, take sadness as learning experience.

Thx for sending us home, always so gentleman.
Enjoy your upcoming hols!

No comments: