Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Reality hits and hurts

Not that I just started working.

I know reality in the working world sucks.

Just like ex-colleague used to tell me this.
"When you work, you make sure that everyone know that you are the one who done that, dont quietly sit there and do and nobody know its done by you?"

This impacted me quite abit when I was just fresh out of school.

I just want to do my work.
I dont see the need to tell the whole world about it.
I just want to be satisfied with myself, with the work that I produced.

Haiz, its really not like studying, where you study hard and you will get the results that you deserved?

If you hide behind the scene and work hard silently, nobody knows you exist. They wont recognise you ? you wont get rewarded.

There are other people, who are not so good, yet they can talk. It helps to make up of any shortfall in quality of work.
Thats the way things work now!

Today my boss reinforced this point again.

"This part is not in your KPI, its not in my KPI.
Why do you want to follow thru it ? We should hand over to the other dept already"

Haiz.....

My pt was, since we started the project, got head should have tail.
We should finish it ? And I got this feeling, pass to the other dept, it will fall into a black hole. And it will hang in mid-air!
And it reflect so badly on us again to the external vendor!

Ahhhhhhhhh .... .

but then again! its not my KPI!
And I have no control over the other dept!

Ok .. life sucks

No comments: