Friday, December 22, 2006

Tis e season to

Pig out

Not to work or pretending to work

Care n Share

Other than being Dong1 Zhi4, where Chinese celebrated it by eating Tang1 Yuan2, today am also in a super xmasy mood.

Its friday ! 3 days before Xmas !! Super no Mood to work ! Not saying that other time Im super motivated to work ...:P
So I can only PTW, something which Im pretty good at. :)

Step into office at 9 am. Had a conference call at 930 am. Super short one, just lasted 15 mins. Then after, my boss said "Lets do our Xmas exchange!"
ya .. my boss also super not in the mood to work ?

Happen that the other dept gave us a log cake yesterday, we decide to finish it today.

Our dept tradition for Xmas is that we will draw lots, to see which colleague we are designated to be their Santa Clause this year. Everyone will write their Xmas wish, limit to 20 bucks. Then we will hang our wishes on the Xmas tree. The designated Santa Clause will be tasked with the honourable job of buying his or her presents.

My boss is pretty against us asking for things like 20 bucks vouchers! In order to suck up to her, I crack my brain to think of something that I really want that cost 20 bucks. Last yr, I requested for a CD.

Kick gave me the idea of asking for a book. Suddenly, it dawned on me that there are actually quite a no. of books which Im interested in. After surfing amazon.com for a while, short-listing a few books, I finally settled for The Lonely Planet Story! Yeah .. this shall be my Xmas present for 2006 ! So exciting ! :) And yeah yeah, my Santa Clause really fulfilled my dream! And my another colleague paid for the difference (the book cost $28.95), as a Xmas present to me. Thanks! :)

Got a few presents from some other colleagues, went around giving them the small present I got for them.

So the rest of the day was really just PTWing ...

I was basically surfing the net, blogging, reading food blog, chit-chatting w my frens .... with my excel spreadsheet open. So anytime anyone walked by, I will quickly navigate to the spreadsheet ! :P

Finally, it was 5 pm !! Half an hr more to Freedom !!

515pm, saw an email from my colleague, she will be on leave the next week and ask me to help her to some stuff. DUHZ ... must u wait till the last min ?!?!

530pm, packed my stuff, making sure I dont leave any Xmas present behind .... process of shutting down my PC. Suddenly, I heard this voice from the room ..... "YT, can you help me to see this pivot table? Dont know how to do .......... "
Duhz .........faint .....

540pm, finally ! Im all ready to dash out !!!

Looking forward for dinner tonight. Had even went to see their menu online, choosing the food, went to read food reveiw !

Heard of the place before, but I have never been there. Heard that the ambience is very nice. So looking forward to good food, good place, great company !

Reached the place at around 645pm. Nice Al fresco dinning area. Quickly snatch the sofa seat. Sorry, someone have to be a gentleman.

Had a glance at the menu.
Hmm ..... Look like our choices are pretty limited ? And what you find in the SET, are not found in the A la Cate menu. And they seriously do not let us change any of the items in the SET, or just order the MAINS found in the SET!
Duhz .... bo bian lor.
We narrowed down our choices and finally ordered our food!
Am so hungry and thirsty.

The food came .... really like eating in french restaurant ? ie .... small portions, huge plates !
And of course, we will have desserts! How can we miss them right ?
We had bread pudding, triple choco and tiramisu. I love the triple choco ! its rich enough.
Somehow, the bread pudding was not soft enough? Think I had better ones during buffets.

The ambience of the place is really nice. Nice place to chill-out.
The food is not fantastic till make me ... ohhhh ... or ahhhh.
The dessert is not too bad.
Think next time will just come here for the ambience and dessert.

Went home to open up my Xmas presents !
Like a small kid, am so excited abt it !

Open up the card ... WOW ! Its a personalised card ! very very touched! Its always so nice to receive a personalised or handmade present. Its worth more than any other things ! :)

Thanks thanks ! Presenting my presents! :)

See the nicely opened wrappers ? ha .. I just have the habit of unwrapping the wrappers nicely, not that I will keep the wrappers (I do keep them when I was a small kid).

Habits die hard bah !

No comments: