Knowing Corrinne May was really by chance.
Back in 2004, I was watching this Taiwanese drama serial and they have this song "Journey" as one of the songs in the soundtrack. Really love this song. Decide to google on this. I was led to Corrine May website. Upon reading her website, I realise that she is a Singaporean. It got me even more interested. During then, when I see her photos on her website, I dint find her that pretty, but over these 2 yrs, I realise she has grown prettier. She is really pretty, very sweet face.
Till now, I still love "Journey" alot. This is a song which I love immediately when I heard it, till now still love it.
This will be my 1st Corrinne May concert!
We have arranged to have dinner at Outback before the concert. My 1st time at Outback too. My impression of this place is that it will be very meaty, also heard that their "mushroom thingy" is quite good. We ordered chicken salad, cesar salad, fish n chips, "mushroom thingy" to share. The mushroom is really good! Very juicy and yummy! Dint really like the cesar salad. We had brownie with ice cream for dessert. The brownie is abit too soft by my standard.
We reached there just 5 mins before the start of the concert. Very nice lightings, soft blue lights.
Am quite surprise to see that it is not packed. I heard that her last concert was a complete sold out.
Her lst song was Slient Night.
People start coming in during her 2nd and 3rd song. Am quite surprise that the Ushers let this latecomers in ? I thought Esplanade is very strict on this ? It was really quite disruptive as people have to stand up to let these buggers pass. And there was this super BCC bugger who was seated just right beside us.
The repertoire for the rest of the evening were filled with songs from her christmas album - The Gift. She also sang new songs which will be in her next album (I think). She ended the night with Joy to the world.
How can a good concert end with no encore?
Was hopping that she will sing Journey, but no such luck. But she sang Have yourself a Merry litte Christmas! yeah .. I love this Xmas song ! But still the one I heard last year touched my heart more. The other encore song is new too - My Grown Up Christmas List.
We have also planned our after concert activity - chill-out place @ Owen Road.
But alas, no such luck again, they are closed for some private function. Went down to robertson quay instead. Pass by The Chocolate Factory, they are already closed, next time !
We also passed by this chill-out place with super nice comfy beach chairs! Wah ... another nice place to nuah ! Just that we are not appropriately dressed to nuah there. Next time I must come here and nuah!
Finally, settled ourselves @ Cafe Iguana. They are famous for their Margaritas. We had Mango Margarita, tortilla chips, calamari. Another round of sinful food. Tis the season to pig out.
Left the place @ around 12 am. The sleepy bug have already bite me by the time we left the place, felt very light headed and super sleepy! I fall asleep on the cab! Luckily I woke up just at the traffic junction at my place.
Life is beautiful.
Sunday, December 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Loti, the other encore song was "Grown up Christmas List" :)
(full list of songs can be found at http://www.corrinnemay.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=300)
I was also hoping for more of the songs from her previous albums, but probably a bit too "sad" for a Christmas Concert lah... :P
Post a Comment