Sunday, December 03, 2006

D DAY !

Yes yes ... its D DAY.

Slept at 9pm .. woke up at 330 am. Amazed that I fall asleep pretty soon once i hit the sack. Its really rare, since Im like an owl ? Had a very good night sleep, woke up only becos the alarm sounds.

Have already arranged to meet Bala at clementi MAC, taking a ride in his fren's car. Had also requested Tiwazz to give me morning call, in case I sleep till forget to wake up ! :P
Thanks both !

Bathe, changed, pin my bib on my T-shirt. Decide not to wear the race belt as it felt abit odd - like not here not there.
Did some stretching too.
Time to have breakfast. Dint really plan what to eat. Bought Meiji choc milk and banana. Drank the milk. Contemplating whether to eat a slice of bread w cheese. Since I had that for AHM also, so I should be able to disgest it well ? But somehow, I had no appetite at all ! Was staring at the banana, suddenly it look SUPER GIGANTIC ! I just cant stomach it.
Die lor ... eat already wait feel like puking then how ? Dont eat also die .. wa lau
After thinking for a while, decide to peel it, put it inside the plastic bag and slowly eat.

Went down to hail a cab. Hop on to the cab, immediately, the uncle asked "Going for the run today ah?" So we started chit-chatting. From things like, whats the distance Im running, how often I trained, whats the usual distance I run, how many yrs have i been running. The conversation continues .....

Uncle: How old are you ?
Me: xx yrs old
Uncle: My son also like running
Me: So did he join this yr ?
Uncle: No, he busy studying for exams now. His co have sponsor him for some course.
Me: oh ok
Uncle: What are you working as ?
Me: YYY
Uncle: Same as my son. He is working in the bank
Me: ok
Uncle: He is WW yrs old, 1 yr older than you.
Me: Ah hur .................
Uncle: Are you from NTU?
Me: ya ..
Uncle: You wan to know my son ?
Me: huh ? uncle .. we reaching Mac liao ... I need to get off liao .......

Reality hits eh ? Even stranger want to do match-making for me !

Reach Cecil Street at around 505 am. Was contemplating whether to leave my barang in office since Im quite near it and of the horror story of last yr bag deposit.
Haiz.. It’s also quite difficult when you have a choice isn’t it! Finally, decide not to put it in office because it would mean that I need to carry my co. pass to run. So mafan!

Walk to the bag deposit area. This year, they have separated the bag deposit area into different race category, and within it category there is a different Q for the range of bib no. Very smooth when I deposit the bag, the volunteers were also very nice and polite.

Walk to the fountain since I think there is where the sg runners who will be gathering. Saw no one, walk further, and from a distance I saw Sotong! Great! His height really comes in some use eh...:P.
Renoh, run3, yee hua and IMD were there. Think the full marathoners have gone to the pen to get ready.

Receive a sms from LY, she have reached the fountain in front of esplanade. Went over to look for her before we start the race together.

Felt that this year seems very quiet? No atmosphere at all?


Look at my watch when we flag off – 638 am.

Start running, felt quite good. Dint felt any aching at my shin or tigh area, had felt it at some of the runs when I came back from China.
Saw a lady pushing a pram, I think there should be a baby inside? And another lady was pulling a tyre with some cans tied behind – self tortured? Or ?
Din’t take any drinks since I have my bottle with me.
Decide to take some 100 plus to replenish after we make a U-turn at Marina Pier.


Feeling quite good, decide to speed up abit. Kept on seeing this lady, decide that I should keep in pace with her or try to overtake her. Haha.

Run pass Fullerton. The 10km runners kept left as they are reaching the finishing point soon. 21km runners had to go straight up the esplande bridge. Suddenly felt very sianz! I thought Im reaching the end soon? Haha. Think at this point, it was only 15 or 16km.

We had to go straight up the bridge, turn right at the junction to marina park area.
Gosh! Where are we making the U-turn to go back to esplanade bridge and back to the finishing line. Wah .. .sianz ah! Can I stop running?!
At this point, my legs felt tired too. It is like every step, it felt like a chore. And I can’t pick up speed at all. Stop at a few points to take a walk, then start running.

Finally… finally, we make the U-turn! Back to esplanade bridge again. Looking at my watch, think I should be able to do better than AHM? Push myself to pick up speed, ran all the way back to finishing point!

Yeah! Finish liao lor!

Gun time: 2 hr 16 mins.
Chip time: 2 hr 12 mins

I think I enjoyed AHM more than this? So … I should be doing a marathon next yr bah.

LY did well too ! Congrats!

Collected my medal. Another collection!
Went to collect my bag.
*At this point, I suddenly remember – I DINT BRING extra shorts!..TMD! Why am I so “smart”?? Pack so early still forgets to bring things?!*

Wah .. there was no one queuing at my area! Fantastic!
The volunteers were really good, he spotted me and passed me my bag before I was even close to the table and have to tell him my bib no.! Great job!

PH came to look for me. Since I wanted to wash up, I met her at citylink. We went to to buy coffee, bread. Walk over to esplanade to support the full marathoners.
Reached there around 930am. The first person I spotted was freddy, oh my! He’s fast!
Then slowly, see a lot of other sg runners. Think I miss a lot of other people too? And some of the runners spotted me first before I spotted them? Opps … think I really need glasses eh. :P
Most of the runners really look very fresh! They dont look like they have completed 41km !
I think if Im the one running, I think i will have that BCC, tired and blur look !

Took photos with the CG. Went back to the fountain, took a group photos with rest of the runners who were still around. Think a lot of people have already gone back.
Today weather was really good for the runners. Drizzle abit here and there. Other than that it, it was really a kind to all the runners.

Now time to rest my tired legs. So what else to look forward now?
See what happen next yr bah!

3 comments:

roentgen said...

Hi Charlotte, I think your match-making encounter in the taxi was absolutely hilarious! :P Anyway, should take it as yet another compliment right? haha...

Hope I can hobble my way to the office in one piece today :P

KickJazz said...

Great blog post loti and well done on the half marathon!! *2 thumbs up*

hahaha ... so how ? has the taxi uncle's son date u out yet ?? wahahahahhahaha

Anonymous said...

match making...haha....u look so desirable.....DEAR......haha....

At the rate u r running, remember to wait for me with a cornetto at the end when we run 42k together....:)