Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Life Story - Part 3

Sep
Had the chance to run at Sengkang, Punggol area for the first time. Sengkang, Punggol is a place that I would not go unless necessary, like once a yr to visit my relatives during CNY. Its actually not a bad place to run, very quiet and peaceful.

Decide that I have enough of running towards town, ie .. straight down bt timah road. I can do it in an auto-pilot mode. Bored !
Now turn to reverse direction, running towards e extreme west – NTU!
Did the 1st one with Tiwazz. So much changes to NTU since the last time Im there, so many new buildings. Had the opportunity to take a look at the new building (think its for ARTS faculty?). Very nice building indeed! Nice place for star grazing on a clear night! Had breakfast at Canteen A, brought back memories. It is a place where I will be during exam period. Like the Milo and coffee there, so cheap! 40 cents only!

A gang of 7 of us went to JB with an important mission in mind. To a certain extent, we seem to have failed in the mission. Hmm .. maybe next time again.


Oct
Yeah! My trip to Yunnan! Had tons of fun! Started a travel blog. First time able to write my journal so conscientiously. Still trying to update it. Hopefully, by the time I complete it, it will be before my next trip? :P

Plan n lead a run for Roentgen, Kick. This is the CKT run. And my 1st time running 28km! If not, for run walk method, think I will have been dead! Even with the run walk, I can feel that Im at a point of hallucination. Maybe next time, I can do a ice-cream run? :P

Was amazed that I can still have so much fun with friend. We still have so much to talk about. Was still worried that we will have nothing to talk about.

Got to know a new friend and her other sibilings. What big family she have! Her sister is so cute! Oh … kids are so adorable! :-> Went to her house to play boardgames.

Joined NUS Cyclohunt with Tiwazz, Renoh, Roonz! SV came along with us too. Had so much fun! Been a long time since I did a night cycling. But this time round was pretty relaxing, we are just slacking and taking our own sweet time and enjoying it. Yeah .. I still love night cycling. But must be relaxing kind! Just cycle, then stop as and when you want, makan. More of it!

Officially, start my own blog on blogspot! And have been updating regularly. Glad that there is some readership to it?


Nov
*Boo Hoo* .. back from Yunnan Trip. Time to clear all the work accumulated over 17 days. However, it is not bad as I imaged. If it was in my 1st company, my mailbox might have been flooded!

1 more month to SCSM only! Luckily, Im not running the full marathon. If not, I cant image how can I managed?

Help out with HWA activities for SCSM. Pack the goodie bag, tie up any loose ends.


Dec
Becoming a vain runner. Wear watch … have arm pouch! I wasn’t like this last time! I just need a pair of shoe, and my disposable plastic water bottle! Another influence of Sg runners. Good or bad?

SCSM! Yeah . 2nd 21km run. Not so much apprehension this time round. But even more KS this time round, by afternoon, I have packed all my stuff, pin the bib and even taken a picture of my attires? This is call influence of Sg runners! Good a bad? I don’t know.
Did a PB for my run – 2 hr 12 mins.
But compared to AHM, think I enjoyed AHM better? Maybe it’s the watch and arm pouch!

During my morning run(which is the weekend before SCSM), I suddenly had the thought of buying “rabbit sweets” for the Sg runners, like a good luck gesture for them? Because during my trekking in Yunnan, somehow I felt the “rabbit sweets” gave me energy? :P
Rush to buy the sweets, wrapper, post-it note. Wrote a short good luck msg, wrap the sweets.
Roentgen was surprise that I wrapped them?! :<
My art and craft aren’t that bad one ok.

It’s the month to be jolly! Did quite abit of shopping. Bought some gifts for people because I think it is suitable for them and they might like it? And I could not resist not buying them, because they are so cute! I always think that gifts should be bought because they are suitable for them, not because it is a need. I hate to shop for presents when it become a NEED.

5 comments:

KickJazz said...

Hooray! Well done loti !! U finished ur 2006 Life Story! *thunderous applause*

Congrats on the many wonderful things u did this year ... and many more to come in 2007!

:)
Nice to have got to know u this year !

kops21 said...

the part i like is the rabbit sweet...loti...:)

Ripley Runs said...

ooops, i forgotten to thank you for the rabbit sweet... luv them totally... :)

roentgen said...

I also subscribe to your gift buying philosophy. It is more special to pick up something for someone cos it either reminds you of them, or because it suits them perfectly. Better still if there is no particular occasion :)

And yes, thanks so much for the rabbit sweets - they definitely helped me achieve my PB this year during SCSM :D

kops21 said...

hey, u miss out Ultra! ...:)