Tuesday, February 20, 2007

3 Days of CNY Hols

We have our usual steamboat + homemade Yu Sheng for our reunion dinner.
This year, my mother decide to prepare less food as compared to prior years ... so the amt of leftovers are really minimise.

Hmm .. notice that this yr ... some of my mama's yummy food are missing! Orh Nee and White fungus + gingko nuts soup is missing! So sad .........:(
We still have muah chee ...

1st day of CNY ... only need to go to 2 relatives place.
Wow! This is really really very little as compared to last time. When I was much younger, we had to covered like 8 or more families in a day ... we basically rushed from 1 place to another.

Decide to do a morning run .. in anticipation of the pig out I will be having for the next 3 days .. and "pay for the sin" for the past few days. Went down my usual route of bt timah rd .. to holland rd.

Today, decide to turn into 6th ave instead. Was jogging on the road with the traffic on the opposite direction. Usually, I will jog on the pavement, but today, seeing that there were not much traffic, decide it will be safe to jog on the road + I will be able to see the oncoming traffic.
Suddenly, I can hear loud n fast vehicle sound from behind, before I can react, the car zoom pass me!!! It was trying to over-take the other car in front, as a result, it had cut into the road for cars coming on the opposite direction! I had a fright! I thought I was safe since I could see oncoming traffic ?!
@%_#!_*%(

Went into JB in the afternoon. Was very surprise to see the custom packed full of people?! It has always been pretty empty and smooth sailing for the prior years. We had to wait for 45 mins before we could clear the custom! Felt very irritated ... dont understand why does it take so long for them to check and stamp our passport?! And the Q system there just sucks!

This year, my uncle have booked 2 tables at the restaurant since my cousins/ aunties from other parts of m'sia are here too. Our bookings were at 730 pm, reach there on the dot.
We waited till 845 pm before we are served the 1st dish ! Oh man! This is like going for wedding dinner!! But well, it gave me a chance to talk to my cousins whom i only get too see once a yr or once in many many years.

No comments: