We finally have our team building today! It was supposed to be in early Jan this year ... delayed till now.
In normal circumstances, I would have hated this kind of team planning . team building .. one which ask u to sit in the meeting room n brainstorm abt what we can do for the coming yr .. build team cohesiveness. To me .. its all loads of BSing ..
But this one is different as it is held outdoor @ Safra Yishun!
I think Safra Yishun have a very nice pool, very inviting! :)
The 1st activity that we have to do is called the "Canopy Challenge Walk". It has 4 stations which are of different degree of challenge. The challenge was done in pairs. The ropes were at 18 metre high (think 4 to 5 storeys high?) and criss-cross in between the treetops of Yishun park.
I have a slight degree of height phobia, and seeing the rest walking on the ropes, some nearly fell off, lose their footings really make me doubt my ability.
But still went ahead with it, since I had wanted to try this walk when I read of it and it is free this time round!
Paired up with another colleague from HR dept. I was behind her.
The 1st walk was just suspended bridge with ropes at both side for us to grip, we finished it easily.
The 2nd walk was just a 2 metal ropes side by side for us to step on, with 2 ropes on each side for us to grip. I felt the ropes are kind of too far apart (think my hands were too short?) ... we had to try to balance ourselves on the thin metal ropes. The instructor below was shouting at us .. "Bend slightly, hold on to the ropes ... just walk .. dont stop ... "
My colleague in front of me stopped a few times ... think she just freezed there ... it makes the balancing even more difficult. To encourage her, if she dont moves, I also cannot go ah ... put my mind away from balancing, I also repeat what the instructor have shouted. Finally, we were safely on the other side of the rope. And my shoe got stuck in between the 2 ropes several times! I was so scared that my shoe will just dropped off?!
The 3rd walk was a long plank with rope on 1 side. We have to bend our body forward, facing the rope and grip on to it, walk sideways. This time, we are faced with the problem of our harness not moving! It got stuck at several point, we have to really move our body to pull it vigourously with us, this really make us nearly lose our balance several times!
Finally, its the 4th station! Again, it is 2 metal ropes for us to walk on .. but now there are no ropes on the side for us to hold on. The ropes were instead hanging above us for us to gripe and move on. This is the most challenging of all the stations.
*PHEW*
Finally, we have finish all 4 stations!
Im really glad that I did this.
I dont think I conquer my fear of height ... but it felt great to be able to finish it!
Hmm ... I dont think i will try it again thou ... :P
We also tried rock climbing.
Think I was tired ... n mentally not willing to push myself.
Stopped 1/3 of the way.
I think if i want, I can complete the whole climb ? Ha .. maybe trying to console myself ... maybe Im just weak .. :P
After all this, me and another colleague concluded that ... it really got nothing to do with team building, for us, it is just self accomplishment.
Ha ha ... dont let my boss know of this!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Met up with frens at night with the intention to swim.
By the time I changed into the swimming costume ... it was already raining cats n dogs!
Bo Bian ... we proceed to HV to eat instead.
Thought that I should have something light .. since it seems that I have been eating the whole day!
But the plan never materialise .... haha
think we end up eating more than we should!
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment