Sunday, March 18, 2007

Singapore Biathlon

No .. I dint take part in this event.
Can swim .. but cant swim in the sea ... excuses ? I dont think so .. maybe ...
We shall see if I ever take part in a biathlon or triathlon ... not much desire to take part in them thou.
Contented that I can swim in the pool although not good n not with the right strokes.
I think I will be more interested in run + cycle. Hmm .. will i buy a bicycle ? Possibility is pretty high ... but maybe not when Im still a PF member? Where got time ?

Went down to kaypoh.

Dint arrange to meet anyone, as I wanted to OTOT.
Intention was to stroll at the beach from MacDonald to the event site. Been a long time since I went to ECP.
Seen alot of families who stayed overnight at ECP with their tents. Some tents are just amazingly big.
I really admire n envy the Malay families who make the effort to bring down so much stuff for their overnight outing - huge amt of food, entertainment, comfy chairs.
Hmm .. this reminds me .. I want to buy a Hammock! Slept in it once .. its very nice! :)

The walk took a good 1 hr plus.
Only managed to catch the 3rd wave flagging off by the time I reached there.
Spotted people like IMD, Bala, Aerosolcan, Tiwazz, Roonz n Angel. Went down to the beach to catch the guys swimming off.
Put my leg into the sea water ... been a long time since I did that. Like the feeling of touching the sea water and sand.

We waited till SV to finish his run. I must KUDOS to him. Think he is the last swimmer to come on shore n the last runner to finish the run? If Im him, I will have already gave up. Would have felt super unmotivated! Not surprise that some sg runners went to look for him and ran together with him ! :)
We proceed to the hawker centre for lunch.
Dint have any appetitie, just had sugar-cane juice.

The rest went back, while I make my own way back to the Mac.
Since I make all the way there, might as well walk more.
Really enjoyed the sea breeze.

1 comment:

kops21 said...

hammock! dont regret it when u fell down or get ur pi-gu kiss my mossie when u laze there.