Sunday, January 14, 2007

Walk to Nowhere

The rain finally decide to take a break today!

First stop was at SMU, decide to take a look since I remember reading somewhere that the brownies found at a stall at their foodcourt is good?
Passed by their gym, their gym look really good! Better than PF?!
Students now are so fortunate!

Found the brownie shop .... bought their assorted brownies.
But .. its not good at all ! Not rich at all ! No 2nd time!


Cross the road to the National Musuem. Currently, they have this "Swedish Innovations" Exhibiton. Decide to check it out. Very small Exhibition, dint know the Swedish invented things like "Zip, seat belts ..."
Since the last time I was there, I did not walk to the back part of the Museum, decide to do it this time round.

With the National Library gone, and the new tunnel for traffic, the whole part of the road leading to Fort Canning look so different. Cant even recognise it at all. Really dont understand why they have to tear the National Library down?
The back part of the Museum look abit like a Container, very modern looking from the back, doesnt blend it with its original structure in front. Its only then we realise that there is actually a door leading out from the Museum itself ?! Duhz .. why are we so dumb?

Walk to Brash Basah Complex - Art Friend. Going there, make me feel arty farty again. Its been so so long since I go buy papers, pens, all the arty stuff to make gifts for my friends. Those were the days.

We cross the road to go to National Library as they are having a talk on Tibet by X-trekkers. Looking at the photos taken by her, Im really hoping I will be able to go Tibet this year, before it become really infested by tourists!

After the hour talk, we walk over to purvis street to Miss Clarity Cafe to eat their desserts!
The last time I was there, I really love their "Mud Ooz". We ordered Mud Ooz and blueberry pie. Hmm .. their Mud Ooz today arent that great. Not hot enough, it was better the other time!
We also learn something abt the cafe, the owner is a 50++ yrs old lady, the cafe is named after her niece, and the manager working in the cafe is a guy in his thirties. haha .. we are so KP.

Since Im falling asleep soon, and still early for my next appt. We decide to walk to Bugis Junction to buy the Kaya bun at Bugis Village. I love them, they are so soft and nice. My parents like it too!

We continue to walk to Sunshine plaza, since I wanted to take a look at the shop which baked fresh muffins. Also saw Victor Dim Sum. Shall try all these one of these days!
Came out of Sunshine plaza, I realise I can see the National Musuem at a distance.
Im like back to the same place after 7 hrs plus ....
Give me a "back to full circle" kind of feeling.

Time to walk to City Hall to meet my other group of friends.

I sure walk alot today !

Met my friends at TCC @ City Link. First time there, realise that it is very comfortable there!
Nice place to nuah and it was not crowded.
I had this "Beef Mozzal-Tofu" .... doesnt taste good at all. Very disappointed with my dinner.
My friends had "Pizza-baguette" and it come with pappadum. I like the pappadum... NICE!
Pinch alot from them. haha ...

Had our intended discussions.

Seems like the role Im being assigned for that day arent great at all ! Ugh !

1 comment:

roentgen said...

Hey Loti, I love wandering around Art Friend too! Always feel like drawing / painting / creating something whenever I am in that shop... :P