Sunday, January 21, 2007

30 Km Pacesetter - KL

Joined the race without knowing that there is a cut-off time of 4 hrs ! Not knowing that it is a hilly run. Not knowing that there is an easier option, which is 20km run.

Woke up @ 4 am. Slept only at 11 plus the day before.
Oh man ! ..... Y never rain ?? So sad ......... this means I have to run ?

The mind and body is really not willing to go for this run at all. The only motivating thought I could give myself was I NEED to burn off all the fats I gained from the Makanthon the day before.

Met the rest of the sg runners @ the lobby @ 445 am. There is an official bus to bring us to the starting point - Lake Garden.

Do the usual stretching, take photos before embarking on the run.

Started the run feeling quite ok. Came face to face with slopes not long after we start.
Also had to run in the dark at some stretch of the road. It was really pitch dark .....

After 10km, I start to feel pain in my hips. Shit ! Ugh ... pain pain !

Start to have this thoughts .....................
Should I just stopped ... DNF ... take ambulance back.
should I just endure and continue the whole run even though Im not at all excited doing this run at all.
Shouldnt get injured because of a stupid race. Since this is not the 1st time I felt pain at my hips, my body is trying to tell me something is wrong?

The next 20km, many many many times, I have the thoughts of just stopped, take ambulance back. Or just u-turned and run back to the ending point.

In the end, I did finish the race with my 2 legs.

Did not enjoy this run at all. Told myself, Im not going to join these kind of races again.
Y do things I dont enjoy ?
I always believe that I should enjoy every run ... since running is something I choose to do and enjoy. There are many things in life which we are doing with not much choice.
So why add some more things to the list ?

I really cannot understand other people who do so many marathons in a year? Is it really that fun?
Or specially go a place just to run? If you tell me, the scenary is fantastic .. then I must say its worth everything.
But no great scenary, just to run? Fun? ... no for me at least ....

No comments: