Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Reasons to run?

Had quite a shitty day today.

Boss needed some numbers to prepare for the papers for GM approval.
Rushed it out by friday (She was chasing for it, say she will read it over the weekend).
Wasnt really comfortable of the numbers that I have, you know .. have this "naggy feeling" that something is wrong, yet dont know what exactly is wrong ?
Especially printed out all the details, highlight to her how the numbers were dervived, so that she will read over the weekend and advise accordingly.

Since she was on course, she call me today.
Charlotte: Have you gone through the numbers, do you think that is correct?
Boss: Im sorry, I havent gone through them, why not you explain to me how they were derived ?

*Charlotte was fumming mad liao .... parang was coming out*
Bloddy hell ! If you dint bother to read it over the weekend, why did u rush for it on friday ?!

After a long discussion, (moi already super buay song!) ....
Boss: ok .. you re-do it this way ... then u show the big boss after lunch ok ?

*#!)@*!%*)#$% .... rushing me again !
You could have advised on Monday since you have the weekend to go through it which you say you would !

UGH ! I hate it when bosses are like that !!

Was antagonise by another department today !
Every month, either give me numbers late or give me wrong numbers ! Expect me to check and tell them ?!?! Im their checker ?!
Why dont they check to make sure what they given is correct ?!

Since the Financial yr end is coming, I just want to make sure what I have reported is correct.
Request them to provide a YTD number ..
Provided me the report 2 weeks after i request for it (Tell me they got more urgent thing to attend to) .... I went to check mth by mth .. realise the figures are not in sync !
Question them ... come and tell me ... they migrate to a new system, so also dont know the re-run number is correct a not ..
They got no time to check and see, too waste of time, they got other thing to do .
Just use what was provided last time, since it is already history.

Then I sit there very free is it ?? KNS !

After this 2 incident ... was tired and angry by 6 pm.

Was contemplating whether to join the run today.
I actually stand at the toilet door for 2 min to decide whether to change.

Finally decide to run - at most run 6km lor, since I need to pass some stuff (Hope everyone like it ya ?) to some people.

Ran with Meteor today. We chit-chat almost all the way.
Thanks Meteor ! If not, i think I cant finish the 9Km ... think it will be a drag !

At the last stretch, decide to pick up speed since Meteor was chit-chatting with the pacer.
Been a long time since I speed up (speed up for my std), i can feel the adrenalin rush ...
so happy !

Yeah .. so at least I never regret joining the run today ?
So a run always do me good right ?

ok . Im done with complaining!

4 comments:

KickJazz said...

adrenalin rush u mean ? :P
well, good tat u found an outlet to ur frustration! better than to simmer inside u ... xmas coming, need me to buy u a new parang ? haha

Charlotte said...

new parang ? no need la.
rusty ones are better !

Ronnie said...

boss are always like that !!! I wonder what they are doing ? reading & sending email only ! like that, I also want to be boss !

Anonymous said...

already tell u i cant catch up with you leow. Too fast for old man to even smell the dust..:(