Sunday, December 02, 2007

My 1st Marathon

Pre-race

Especially make myself wake up at 7 am even thou there is not a need to ... this is to ensure that i can sleep at at least by 9 pm ! If not ... mati.

Since nothing to do .. I decide to pack my table, since its kind of messy.... dusty.

We had macaroni + salad for lunch ... nuah abit .. then we went home to pack, rest & continue to nuah.

Dinner ... dad bought back rice ... had abit of that ... 2 slices of bread + egg + cheese.


Wanted to watch [hero], but somehow cant play the DVD!
Bo bian .. read my book instead.
Somehow or other .... while reading & watching TV at the same time ... the last thing i remember was i was waiting for 630 pm news ....
before I knew it ... i was already in lala land!
Woke up at 730 pm in shock ! disorientated .. thot i was late for the run !
Then realise .. chey ... i just fell asleep ...

Decide to continue my sleep !
Woke up at 12 midnight ... by the noise that my little sis was making when she reached home!
Ugh !
Cant really get back to sleep by then ... was contemplating to wake up n surf the net or read my book ..
In the end decide to rest instead ....


=========================================================

RACE DAY

Woke up at 230 am, bathe ... prepared breakfast .. decide that i will eat on the cab . in case i eat too early n i will feel hungry!

Tried to clear my bowels ... tried 2 times ! .. Failed .. ugh !

Was quite happy to feel the strong wind when I went out ... this means that the weather shouldnt be that bad ?

We reached city hall by 350 am.
This time round .. no funny/interesting conversation with the cab driver like last yr. . haha
Am very surprise there were so many people who come so early also ?

Hmm .. most of the raffles city toilets were locked!
Luckily, I found the handicapped toilet unlocked ... heng ah ..

Deposit our bag ... this year they decide to issue a new tag no. instead of following our bib no. ... which I wonder why .. I thought its easier to follow the bib no.
Anyway .. as long as I get my bag fast fast after the race .. whatever no. they use doesnt matter!

========================================================

Found a spot to do our stretching before the race.
& I got this I need to go toilet feeling again ? TMD ... dint I go toilet just now ..
Actually, dint want to go ...too lazy .. but then again .. I dont want to go toilet in the middle of my run also !
Bo bian ... since the mobile toilet r not crowded . I better use now !

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We position ourselves at Pen 2 ..
Hmm .. at this pt .. I actually have "no feelings" in that sense abt doing my 1st marathon .. not nervous . not excited ..

We started off at a very comfortable pace... took our walk break at the drink station to hydrate ourselves.

The 1st 10km was a route which we are familiar with (which I dont enjoy .. but in the day it felt better) ...
Dont remember seeing anything interesting at this part ..
Only bump into Tee Lee here.

The U-turn pt near the jetty ... they shouldnt have put the water pt there .. the space is already so cramped ... by putting the water pt there, it just make things worse!

Actually I realise the ratio of M to F is like 8:1 ?? I seriously dont spot much ladies around.

Came out of Marina area ... jog down robinson road .. I remember last yr when I jog passed here .. it was like a dead town .. this yr is much more lively ..

Reached back esplanade area ... very happy to see so many people .. it just bring your mood up..
The 10km runners were waiting to start their race.

At nicoll highway, saw a grp of family waiting by the roadside.

At mountbatten road, saw 3 ang mohs .. sitting there having a time eh .. cheering for the runners.
Also spotted another group of family .. like with alot of food ?? hmmm .....

Reached ECP ... very happy to spot the 21 km mark ... kakaka .. means another 21.195 km more to go only ...

Quite a no. of people at ECP ... supporters .. the cheerleaders .. the band.
Hmm .. but the band playing was like .. "err .. abit CMI? .. they like gg to die anytime " I hear already also wont run faster ...

We start walking from around 23 km onwards.

Spotted people like, aerosolcan, cheow, babumouse, ronnie, dasher ...

While walking .. I realise . its actually right to say "running is very lonely"
It can actually be very lonely n boring just to run like that ...
Its even worse when u r injured .. walk ..to finish the race ....

Quite a no. of people were walking ... standing at 1 side stretching .. *praying to the lampost posture*

Slapping lots of deep heat on their leg .. till their legs turn white!
The weather was still very good at this time ....

We increase our pace in walking .. cant really keep up initially ..dont know why ..
seems like my shoes are abit loose today, n the socks Im wearing cause me to keep slipping down ..

Finally managed to get the hang of it ...
After sometimes ... start to feel abit of sngness in my hip ... abit worried my hip prob will come back at this pt ...

Spotted my fren ! Spotted her becos of the top she was wearing .. I thot the top was quite nice .. so was staring at the top . .took me quite a while to realise that it was her !!
So dint managed to call her ..

Saw these 2 uncles ... 1 was trying to pull another one along by strapping a rope at their waist .. I thought that will be very painful for the uncle that was being pulled? n dangerous too !

Realise there . somehow we will spot the same few people around us ..
Yeah .. we came out of ECP ... can start counting down liao ... :P

The weather is still quite good now ... windy ..

Spotted a cute little ger giving out banana ... ha .. after seeing so many runners "Suffering" .. maybe next time she dont dare to run liao .. :P

Spotted Burnz again somewhere heading back towards esplanade.
Was actually quite surprise to see him there .. thot he was going strong .. apparently he was suffering from cramps n have to walk.
Cheered him up .. 2 more km to go from here!

Reached esplanade .. time to look shwee .. kaka ..
Adjust my cap ..
Saw Phil ... have to ask him to help us to take a photo .. "it better turn out to be nice Phil" ...

Saw IMD .. Yee Hua ...
We hold hands & ran the last 100 m ..
Must look shwee at the finishing line ... :)

========================================================
Very happy that I finish my 1st marathon
Very happy that we hold hands & finish the race together

I think im blessed that so far so good (touch wood).. I have managed to run without any injuries ..
& i think this 1st marathon havent deterred me to join future ones ..

5 comments:

roentgen said...

WELL DONE Loti! And congrats on finishing your maiden marathon in such good form :) Now can smile a bit more yah? :P

KickJazz said...

congrats on ur first marathon!
To many many more! *thumbs up*

Ronnie said...

Well-done & congrats on your first marathon ! More to come ???

terence0023 said...

Well done gal for your first marathon...

kops21 said...

Well done on your first 42km! Enjoy and rest.