Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pushing the limits

Was reading the article by Jeanette Wang on the sudden death of triathlete - Thaddeus Cheong.

"When an athlete is focused on the finsih line and potential glory, he or she knows no limit"

"The body tells the mind that the legs and lungs are burning, but the mind shrugs it off. The athlete threads the fine line of overworking and just pushing it enough"

"I was in pain, but I refused to believe it. I thought about the tuogh training sessions I ahd endured and how good it would feel once the race was over"

It is really a thin line between testing your limits, challenge yourself, telling yourself its mind over matter, you are not weak.

Its a good thing to be strong mentally, telling yourself nothing is impossible, yet at the same time you risk pushing yourself over the limit. Do you know your limit? Are you just pushing your luck ? Its a double-edged sword.

I guess everyone should be able to tell yourself at some point in time that you have already reach the edge of the cliff, any step forward will mean falling over the cliff. *game over*

There is always a next run, next swim, next race.

Stubborness, refuse to listen to the alarm that your body is sounding can also mean stupidity.

Taking a break doesnt mean you are weak.

I guess this also apply to our daily life.
When you feel like crying .. letting go of your emotions .. doesnt mean you are weak.

Everyone need some break at some point in time.

No comments: