Hmm . I dont exactly remember what sparks off this run. Think it was because when FON sent me home after one of our HWA meeting, he realise that I just stayed at such close proximity to one of his fav CKT (Chye Tow Kuay) stall. Basically, I can just roll down to the market.
And since FON, Kick and JT doesnt stay in western part of Spore, think I should be the best person to help organise this run ? :P
3 first things about this run :-
1) First time organising a run for a group of people (although it is only 3 people). I think it is not easy to organise a run for a big group of people as there are like 101 things that you need to take care? And Im someone who is not comfortable with new people, so if Im going to lead in a run, I would need to interact with them ? err ... not my cup of tea definitely.
2) My first 28Km ! ................ When I told my fren about my this CKT run on sunday, she just look at me with her eyeballs popping out & starting shaking her head.
3) Passing by my 3 Alma Mater in a single run !
The route is basically one which Im pretty familiar with, have jogged pass them in the many different runs that I did previously.
My place -- > clementi long kang --> West Coast park ---> pasir panjang wholesales mkt ---> Labrador Park ---> IKEA --> Tanglin Road ---> Botanic Garden --- > Bt Timah Road.
Have decided that this run must include (a) West Coast Park and (b) Labrador Park because I think West Coast Park is a pretty nice & cooling place to run. For Labrador Park, I have always wanted to jog there but yet to have a chance ! So die die ... I must include them in the first run I organise. *hee hee*
Before the run, I actually sent this "bo liao" email to them : -
1) Cap / Sunglasses - to shield of the sun , unless you wan to be chao ta, can also look stylo-mlo 2) Water - unless you are a camel, got a place to "hide" water?
3) Money - it makes the world goes round,
4) EZY-LINK card - so we can all EZY-LINK way back to eat CTK if we pon-chet
5) Empty stomach - so can PIG OUT
6) Empty Lungs - to breathe in the fresh air N pollution too.
haha ok .. Im just so crappy.
On the actual day, JT was not able to join us as her flu was getting worse. So it was just left with 2 guniea pigs to be led by me ! *kekeke*
FON has suggested that we must adopt the 8 min run, 2 min walk method, or else, sure mati.
Seems like for this run, each of us has a role to play :-
1) Kick --> Time-keeper.
2) FON --> Entertaining us with his crap / nonsense
3) Me -- > To give direction in case anyone got lost, and commentaries on any interesting things along the way.
We started the run really discplined, with the "8 min run, 2 min " walk method. Think if I were to be running alone, dont think I can ever do that right from the start. In no time, we reached the clementi long kang (my usual meeting place with my buddy, long time since I start my run there already).
Then we turn right into Clementi Ave 2 (FON start to "complain" that I dint put the correct road name down in my email to them) ... haha .. how would I to know that this is clementi Ave 2. :P . Soon, we reach West Coast Park, I like the alfesco MacDonald here, it is really nice to just read newspaper here and idle your time away. Everytime, I jog inside West Coast Park, the same thoughts will be in my mind -- Why is it that West Coast Park cannot be as popular with East Coast Park ? I remember few years back, there were bicycle rental shops in the park, somehow or others they just dint manage to survive ! Think WCP is just not convenient ? Think there is only like 1 or 2 public buses that ply this area.
Once out of WCP, we reached Pasir Panjang Wholesales market. The stretch of road from Pasir Panjang to Labrador Park is not exactly a nice place to jog with the constructions going on. I got no idea what they are building there. But you know, we are in Spore ! There is forever constructions everywhere. Boost the economy (?), something I learn in economics, good to pump $ back into your country. Not forgetting that with fellow gluttons together, how can "food" be missing from our conversations ! FON mention that there is a famous duck rice stall around here.
According to a friend, the run-down coffeshop at the entrance of Labrador Park is good for their curry puff. I have not tried it myself, not too sure of the standard. Try it if you ever pass by there and not jogging ? The place look pretty crowded.
There was a "NICE & Inviting" Slope waiting for us @ Labrador Park. Kick just "fire" off in the conquering the slope, letting me and FON smell dust. Dont know where she got the energy, I have look around, no Hunks spotted at all ! Me was already half dead while trying to run up the slope. Think FON have spotted that I look dead, ask me if I were ok. Ha .. not Ok also must be ok la ... or else the whole contingent need to wait for me meh ? :P
At least there was a nice view waiting for us after conquering the slope. The sea breeze and view was really great up there ! Ahhhh .. so nice to run with the sea breeze although I was actually pretty tired at that point liao .. And many times, I was hopping or hallunicating that someone would say "lets stop n walk n enjoy the sea breeze" ? Haizz ... but the 2 of them still seems full of zeal and zest. So, being the "leader" for this run, I must "bite the bullet" and continue !
We took our first water break at one of the petrol kiosk near IKEA. After coming out of the petrol kisok, I suddenly seems to lost my sense of direction. At a moment, I thought I have missed a turn, so maybe, I wont be able to pass by tanglin road (to my sec skool) after all. :( Then I realise I was just too tired, leading me to temporary lose my sense of direction.
At tanglin road, what invited us were all the huge houses, like one of it is already "owned" by FON. He will be inviting us to his house @ the next HWA meeting. So looking forward to it .. never step my feet into such a huge house before ! There were also many embassies located @ tanglin road area, which I dont quite understand why ?
We decide to jog inside BG, with FON leading the way. Im not very sure of the way inside BG, always have this feeling that I will get lost inside. We passed by the "les amis cafe", this place have very nice scramble eggs for breakfast. Try it the next time !
Finally, we have covered at least 22km once we turn out from BG into BT Timah Road. OMG ......
Think I must look really dead at this time, haha, because FON again ask if Im ok .. and we mention about me being BCC. Think if Im running alone, I would have stopped.
ok .. last 5 km to go ... not that long ....................... 5 Km only ...........
Ugh ...
ok ... I must aim to Complete !
Along Bt Timah road, we continue to talk about food. Something to distract us or at least me I guess. FON recommend "curry wok". ok .. must try it the next time ..I also pointed out to them where is "Yan Qing kitchen", "Pipers' Pie". There was also this Indian Restaurant which Kick noticed, was actually quite surprise that she notice that ... hmm .. maybe she was hallucinating too ? She also notice this place called "Athens Restaurant". I wonder what kind of food they serve.
I suggested to them about stopping @ King Albert Park MacDonald instead to get Milo. Was hopping someone would agreed with me so that we can cut short the distance. HAHAHA ... But no one seems interested in that lor. Think Im the only slacker around.
Finally, we reached the market !!!
YEAH !!!!!!!! I have covered 28KM !! OMG !!
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey Loti! GREAT account of a very enjoyable run! :P And yes, we have found so many places to have the next HWA meeting and makan session :) Can't wait liao...
BTW, very very well done on the longest distance you have ever covered in an LSD! You are well on your way to a comfortable 30km run and full marathon :D
hey hey hey...
u've got a blog too!
one more blog to read :)
ya, entertainin n socialising can b a bit tiring...
gr8 ckt run!
cya...
hey loti gal! Tks for organising and leading us in this run!
You were a good tour-guide :)
So when's the next run ? :)
next time we run to Raffles Marina ? hehehe
Hmm . Raffles Marina.
Altot Im not a DR (:P), but I dont think I know how to get there.
How abt u doing one ?
didnt realise that you are keen for 28km run. Must be very shiok to complete the distance. I could have problem completing the run giving the conditions you have adopted.
Post a Comment