Now is already the 3rd day of my travel.
Spent 2 days at Kunming. Nothing much @ Kunming. Basically, it is just another city.
Have just been walking around the hostel that I was staying (@ the Hump).
Beening eating ????, literally translation is "over-the bridge" noodles. There is actually a ?? behind this dish. Tell u all other time when Im back. I dont remember seeing this dish being sold in any restaurant in Spore.
The general feelings about the food in Yunnan so far is its Oily, Spicy ! Hmm ... think I have a layer of fats now to keep me from the cold when I go up as high as 4000 ++ m.
Shucks ! It also means that I will go back looking fat ! UGH !
Ok .. have side-tracked to the topic of food.
Im at Lijiang now after a 9 hrs bus-ride (soft-sleeper). Update with photos when Im back.
First time sitting such buses, it is actually a bus w 3 rows of bed and double-deckered. I think it can have 36 people ?!
The bus-ride wasnt exactly comfortable. But it wasnt that bad. I dint really sleep well .. and had a number of weird dreams, considering that I dont dream when i sleep....
But there wasnt horrid things that happen on the bus like pple spitting on the floor ! That would have been very very traumatising for me !
We reached Lijiang early morning - 615 am. But only had to get off the bus @ 730am. Was glad for that .... as it was freaking cold !
Ha .. something abt the toilet @ the bus-station. It was a OPEN CONCEPT, although not really tat open, there are still walls in between cubicles, just no doors. But they have flushing system ! hee hee .
But when you need to do it ... u just do it !
From the bus-station, we walked to the old town, looking around for a hostel to stay.
Alot of shops, hostel were not opened ... (yes .. even hostel got opening hrs?). Walk for a while, and decide that the weight of our bag-pack are enough, so start asking around for the price.
Settled for a twin-room, with attached bathroom, 24 hrs hotwater for RMB70/room/night. That is S$7 per person per night ! :) This was better than the one we had @ Kunming.
So decide to just walk around the old town.
I like the old town...... very traditional houses, with stream flowing around here and there.
You can just sit around and chill out with a cup of coffee or tea. Or you can do very CHINESE Things like eating fruits and just drop the seeds on the floor. hahaha
However, some part of old town were just infested with tourists !
The weather is also very nice at Lijiang. Nice blue clouds, white clouds !
Although it start to rain abit at the later part of the evening.
Tonight would be reading some traditional Nanxi performance.
Had wanted to watch this performance with Yulong mountains as the backdrop n is directed by Zhang Yimou !
No chance to upload any photos as I forgot to bring my USB port out !
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wah seh loti!!!
Good to hear from u!
Keep warm. Wah, your account of Kunming, Lijiang makes me think of the time i was there, about 1 year ago.
Yes, if u could just watch the Zhang Yimou (musical?), that would have been GREAT!
Hv fun and take loads of pics!!
no USB cable! ooops! :P
but enjoy Lijiang anyway :) have a good trip!
Post a Comment