Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday 13th .......

Was happily walking back office after running some errands.

Suddenly she saw this familiar face, attempt to quickly look away (was also cursing under her breathe at the same time)

Mr XX : YT !

YT : Oh ! Hi (she attempt to look surprise to see him)

Mr XX : Where are you working now ?

YT: Co. AAA

Mr XX: What position ?

YT: Janitor

Mr XX: Hao3 Zhou4 Ma1 ?

YT: Ok lor ...

At this point, I quickly cut him before he ask any more qns .....

YT: What about you ? Where are you working now ?

Mr XX: Co CCC

YT: Oh .. where is it ? (she try to look interested ... )

But in less than 5 mins, she cant pretend or substain her interest anymore ... she quickly show that she is rushing for time ... cut their conversation n bide farewell !

Mr XX above was her ex-colleague from her 1st co. when she started working. He is someone whom i LOVE to dislike. He never failed to ask you about your salary !

If i dint cut in our conversation .. i think the next qn I can expect from him is ... "How much are you earning now ? "

WTF ! .. Does it got to do with him how much am I earning ?

What a Friday the 13th

2 comments:

KickJazz said...

hahaha ..... farni post!
I also had (note past tense) a friend who will call me up to ask about my pay. I'll be like "Huh?" and she isn't shy about insisting that I tell her about it -_-"

Anyway, I learnt from someone recently to just reply such question by stating an exorbitant amount, with a straight face.

Ms. Duh : So how much are you earning?

Me : Oh, its peanuts lah. Just $600,000 annual.

Ms. Duh : Huh? Be serious leh, dun bluff lah.

Me : I'm serious. Since you ask, I answer. But since you don't believe, just too bad *shrug*

Ms. Duh : .....

Ok, haven had the opportunity to try this out yet tho :P

Charlotte said...

Hee . sorry .. I dont classify him as my fren leh ..
he is just an ex colleague !