Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sg Runners 2nd Yr Anniversary

I miss the 1st one last yr as a good fren was getting married on the same day.

This yr .. no activities to stop me from going.
Altot 070707 is the good date to get married with 777 couples in Singapore saying their marriage vows today. I dint receive any red bombs ! So good !

As always, there are games organise by the mods for the event.
Dint thought abt joining the games, not keen to run around and perspire.
I just want to nuah there ... and eat ... talk .. thats all.

But when I heard that the prizes are $600; $400 and $200 worth of adidias vouchers...
I was attracted by it ........ ya .. i just want the vouchers lor..
But dint want to ask if anyone want to pair me.

So happen, was talking to little tigger during CBD run abt this game ... we decide to form a team.

I was still v nuah abt the whole affair ?
I was like super unprepared ... no running attire .... no running shoes ... I dint really think i need to run leh !

Start to panic ... how to run with my CMI shoe ...

Even tot of telling tigger i dont want to play liao .. but think he might kill me.

======================================================
It is actually a memory game cum some running.

Form a team of 2.
We are suppose to run from the chalet to somewhere after the hawker centre ... approx 800 m ?

There will be 60 items laid out, we are suppose to remember as many as possible.
Run back to the starting point and list down the items.

The 2nd partner will also run there and try to remember as many items as possible.
Each person is allowed to run twice within the 1 hr time frame.

======================================================
I was the first runner.
When I see everyone in running shoes ..... *die lor*
I told tigger that we are the "sandals team" .. haha
Our strategy was that I will remember the 1st few rows of items while tigger remember the last few rows.

Started together with babyface ..
We are the last runners ... while the rest have already picked up speed in front.
I feel "naked" while running with my CMI shoes ..........like got shoes = no shoes?

Reached there ...... look at the items ...
start to ask myself .. which position is counted as the 1st few rows ? haha
Heck la !
Just remember as much as I can ...

Some of the items I cant make up what are they.
But while staring at the items .... I realise that they are actually very related to us ... things to do with running .. swimming .... n of course Kelly! They are a handful of items .. which I can just associate with her!

Decide that my strategy shall me .. to remember the items as they are displayed .. and place association with them.

I also realise that there are a limit of the no. of items I can remember at 1 time .. no pt of me staring at it for so long.

Ran back together with Tee Lee. We repeat and cross check with each other the items while running back together.

=========================================================
The items that I could remember in the 1st round was :-

1) Asics running top
2) Red shorts
3) Nivea Sunblock lotion
4) Neat cream
5) Deep heat rub
6) plastic fork
7) Glutter -- > what is this used for ??
8) Bicycle helmet
9) Marathon sweater
10) ipod
11) battery
12) googles
13) earphones
14) plastic spoon
15) Polar mineral bottle
16) cup
17) disposable panties
19) staple
20) punchholder
21) correction tape
22) running bib
23) mizuno registration form
24) race belt
25) Notebook
26) garlic
27) barley
28) pen
29) shoelace
30) receipt
31) gardina bread plastic bag
32) army badge
33) army coin
34) ping pong ball
35) Egg

========================================================
Tigger came back ...
We have in total used up half an hr ...

Initial intention was really to run 1 time only .. .with my CMI shoes .. i dun wan to run another time.

But seeing that we have half an hr more ........... ugh ..
heck la ! Shall run 2nd time!

Reached there.

Concentrating on the items that I have missed out .... their position to help me to remember better.

Sotong, IMD, brokie ... start to suan me . .for looking so serious and fierce.

Aiyah ... so tired ... then I might as well use my energy to remember the items.

=======================================================
This time .. what I can recall was :-

1) handphone
2) metal ruler
3) whistle
4) piler
5) power gel
6) playing cards
7) Nike cap
8) caribina
9) toothbrush
10) safety pins
11) Power gel.

Quickly submitted our books ... so as to gain extra 2 pts to be the 2nd team to submit.

After submitting and while talking to charmane .. I remember that I forgot to list down movie tickets! *SHIT! *

===============================================
The results are out .. we are the 2nd team .. and we lose out to the 1st team by 1 pt ..
its really the movie tickets ..
haha

Its really the movie tickets!

Anyway ... we had fun ... remembering all these items.
I would say we did well ! considering we are the "sandals team"

Thx tigger! If not .. i think I will just be nuahing at the chalet at that time..
haha

And well . .i got alot of suaning from Sotong for looking so serious and fierce .
haha . .well .. I always look BCC n unfrenly what ... :P

==============================================
Think now I need another pair of weekend shoes .. the CMI shoes is now SUPER CMI liao

While bathing, I suddenly remember . .I forgot fridge magnet and wristband!
I think we dint list that down!

1 comment:

roentgen said...

Congrats Loti! Tigger and you did very well :D Amazing that you can remember soooo many items even at the first go. Obviously, young brains can function at high speed... luckily Old Bones didn't take part :P haha....