Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Touched

Was reading Monday's Life, there was an interview with Betrand Lee.

Heard about him back in 2005.

He met with a serious road accident whilst on a filming assignment in Mumbai, India, and had to have his left leg amputated.

There was an article on him back then also.
My ex-co director made some donations to him, & understand from him he is quite a good commercials director.

Today read abt him again.
ST's Life did an interview with him.
He is already on his way to recovery and well enough to return to film making.

There was this part in the article that make me tear ...
He will be doing his 10km "run" for this SCSM. He is prepared to walk 10 hrs for it.

I just suddenly felt that, why are we making a big deal when we are attempting our 1st or a marathon.

Although he is just doing 10km, but he is someone who have to run with a prosthetic left leg

There are people who will god-alise (if there is such a word) when they know people who can run a sub 4 hr or 330 marathon.
Will talk to them (or maybe suck up to them!) as if they are god.
Yes .. I will "Wah!" when I know that who who did it in such a fast timming ..
but thats it ...

I think i admire those who can do it inspite of the disadvantaged situation at them.
I will god-alise them more.

It sometimes also make me wonder if I ever met with such an incident .. will I be such a strong character and stand up again.
Will I have someone to stand by me when that happen?

No comments: