Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Half Empty

Bump into my sec skool bandmate.

Was very happy to bump into her although Im not close to her ... and usually I dont like to bump into people whom Im not close .. I hate "small talks".

What make her special ? Different from the rest?

She met with a bike accident in 2003 on her boyfren's (now husband) bike.

The accident happened at a T-junction.

She was hit by a car ... and 1 of her leg was actually ran over ... and pulled a distance by the car.
Her friends had to pick up her leg .. and quickly rushed her to the hospital.

Her boyfriend only suffered minor cuts.

The nerves at her leg were damaged ...
She was amputated from tigh down.

I visited her shortly after she was discharged from the hospital.
Before reaching her place, I was worried about what to say .. how to react.

But when I saw her, I was amazed by the level of cheerfulness that she displayed.
She was laughing with her friends while playing card games.
Although we dont know at that time was it just a brave front on her part.
But no matter what, not everyone can even diplayed that brave front.

Bumping into her today, she is still as cheerful as ever.
Really glad and happy for her.
Really happy to see her smiling, still that bubbly.

If you dint know of her accident, you wouldnt know that she is 1 leg less than anyone of us.

While walking back to the office, I start to ask myself how would I have reacted if I were in her shoes.
I doubt I can be so strong.
I cant imagine not able to run ... swim like before.

She is able to be happy because she lost something and so she is able to truely appreciate what she have now.

Do we have to wait till we lost something before we can be appreciative?

No comments: