Sunday, August 26, 2007

L-I-M-I-T

Since tmr is AHM ... today was a super slacking day.
No run in the morning.

But I still wake up early ... so that I can sleep early at night!

The day was spend troubleshooting my PC ... and I declare it R-I-P liao ... :(

Spent it nuahing ... carbo-loading with macaroni, sweet potato, sweet corn.
The sweet potato was below standard, although I bought the more expensive one ?!
The Macaroni was something new - stir-fried black pepper beef style.

Dinner was Ba Zhang (for some reasons, my mother decide to make ba zhang.) and oats + milk.

Spend time watching the HK serial on C8. I think HK serial are still very nice and enjoyable!

Watch abit of Superstar.
And off I was in bed by 930 pm!
Am surprise that I can sleep so early!
====================================================
Set my alarm @ 330 am.
But I woke up at 230 am ?!
OK lor .. got alot of time to do all the necessary stuff ... slowly ... even got time to read magazine while eating breakfast !

At the starting point, I only saw Renoh, babumouse and Aerosolcan.
Dint spot anyone else at all.

Before I knew it, Im on my way to 21km run ....
It was just myself and my Mp3 player.

Just 1km into my run, my race belt and the headphone was irritating me.
1st time wearing the race belt, and I realise that it was actually too loose for me, need to adjust.
And the wire of the headphone is too far dangling out !
Bo bian .. just have to stop and adjust everything.

I knew I was chiong-ing too fast by my own body, I dont know how long can i continue at this pace.
It was like Im already in it, I cant pull out of the situation now.
I dont know ... I just told myself to continue on.

I can only say I was really pushing .. testing my own limit.
It was really the max I can go .. I can push .... I dont have anymore strength, be it mental or physical to go any faster.
I knew that I might be risking getting a injury.

By the time I reach the 15km mark, I was really counting down every 1km.

When I reach the 19Km mark, in usual circumstances, I will pick up pace.
But today, my leg was just like "lead" ....... I cant pick up speed anymore.

Wanted even to give up, slow down and start walking.

By the 20km mark or so, the pacer was shouting, "if u want to run sub-2 ... run at my pace" ...
ah hur .....

Left 1km more, if i give up now, abit wasted?

Ok .. endure endure ...

Then i see the 500m mark ......
Ugh .. still got 500m more ?
Really going to die liao ...

After a while, I saw the finishing line in front of me ...
Decide to use whatever energy I have left to chiong abit.

Then then .. I realise .... that was not my finishing line ?!
basket !

I then realise I have to turn left to go into the finishing line ......!#@(%)*!%

Ok .. glad that I complete the race in 1 pc ...
The effect of it is sinking in now ... right leg pain ah ...

Based on my watch time.
10 km ---> 50+ min
21km ---> 1:58:27:27


yeah . its a PB.
And should be my last time running this kind of pace.
Because I dint enjoy the run, it was not my body pace at all.
I was just pushing myself.

After today, I must say . .those who can run sub 2 are amazing, how can you substain this kind of pace?!
This year's route is really good.
The water point was fantastic too !
But the ending point .......... need improvement.
Im looking forward for a night run in 2008 .................

3 comments:

roentgen said...

Wah!! Well Done Loti :D

Ronnie said...

u did well. Congrats !!!

Tekko said...

it all about mind over body. U didn't look tired at all when I saw you. I am sure have a lot of reserve left. Anyway, well done.