Thursday, August 09, 2007

Happy 42nd Birthday

What does it mean to me to be a Singaporean?


I dont feel super patriotic or passionate about it.
Its a feeling of .. "Like that lor"


In China, talking to my ex-colleagues, I can really feel their patriotism, which I cant find in myself.


However, when I was there, I do feel myself defending for Singapore, for being a Singaporean if there were things that were being poked fun of unintentionally.


It was also then I appreciate of being a Singaporean.

I am effectively bilingual in Mandarin and English, which alot of ang mohs wish that they know Mandarin, and the Chinese wish that they know English.

Although my feeling now is still not passionate, I am still thankful Im a Singaporean.

1 comment:

roentgen said...

Very true... many of us only feel truly Singaporean when we are away from home :)