Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mt KK


Back from Mt KK.
Finally can strike this off my checklist.
This was something I wanted to do I think since 2003 or so ?
Thx LT for organising .. if not .. dunno must wait till 2xxx yr?

Im thankful that I made it all the way up to the summit.
Way before the trip, I was prepared not to be able to reach the summit, knowing the grounds & gradient that we will need to walk on + my fears for height.

I just told myself to try & see how far i can go.

During the trek up to the summit, once i got my hands on the rope, trying to climb up the steep slope, my fears just slap me on my face immediately.
If i need to do this all the way up to the summit, I cant do it. I believe I will roll down the slopes at certain parts definitely.
Wanted to just stop there instead of trying.

Also dont know why, I decide just go ahead .. "dont care liao la"
Luckily, it was only that part which was scary.

The rest of the route up the summit was really ok.
Much much better than what I had imagined.
It is really easier than Rinjani, not as steep.
I dint pant like crazy for every steps I took.

Dont think I will climb Mt KK again.
Never enjoy walking inside the rainforest.

TBC ..........................

1 comment:

roentgen said...

Congrats on getting to Low's peak! Did you go for the Padas river rafting as well?